Today, Jane Durney submitted a response on behalf of One Planet Bruton CIC about the Brewham Road North Planning Application 20-02297-OUT.
We gave our comments orally at an Emergency Bruton Town Council meeting on 28 September 2020. At this stage, we object to this application:
- It does not adequately respond to the Climate and Ecological Emergency declared by both South Somerset District Council and Bruton Town Council.
- The Flood Risk Assessment and proposed measures for flood management are inadequate.
- There are inaccuracies in the information provided for sewage disposal.
- There is no commitment to Biodiversity net gain.
- The cumulative impacts of development in Bruton need to be assessed.
Further details are contained in the letter attached.