One Planet Bruton is now registered as a Community Interest Company limited by guarantee. Its objects are to carry on activities which benefit the community and, in particular, to work with Bruton's residents, businesses and other organisations to enable current and future residents to live happy, healthy lives within the limits of the planet, using Bioregional's One Planet Living framework. Our specific objects are to support, develop, initiate and manage community projects and interactions in line with the ten One Planet Living principles.
One Planet Bruton CIC, a company limited by guarantee.
Registered company no: 12070076 (in England and Wales)
Registration date: 26 June 2019
Registered address: Bruton Community Office, 26 High Street, Bruton, BA10 0AA
The founding directors are Sarah Davies and Jane Durney
From the Articles of Association:
The objects of the Company are to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to work with Bruton’s residents, businesses and other organisations to enable current and future citizens to live happy, healthy lives within the limits of the planet, using the One Planet Living framework.
Specific objects are to support, develop, initiate and manage community projects and interactions that will:
- Encourage active, social, meaningful lives to promote good health and wellbeing (Health & Happiness)
- Create safe, equitable places to live and work which support local prosperity and international fair trade (Equity & Local Economy)
- Nurture local identity and heritage, empowering communities and promoting a culture of sustainable living (Culture & Community)
- Protect and restore land for the benefit of people and wildlife (Land & Nature)
- Use water efficiently, protecting local water resources and reducing flooding and drought (Sustainable Water)
- Promote sustainable, humane farming and healthy diets which are high in local, seasonal, organic food and vegetable protein. (Local & Sustainable
- Reduce the need to travel, encouraging walking, cycling and low-carbon transport (Travel & Transport)
- Use materials from sustainable sources and promoting products which help people reduce consumption (Materials & Products)
- Reduce consumption, re-using and recycling with the am of achieving zero waste and zero pollution (Zero Waste)
- Make buildings and manufacturing energy efficient and aim to supply all energy with renewables (Zero Carbon Energy)
And to promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public by:
a) the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of resources;
b) the relief of poverty and the improvement of the conditions of life in socially and economically disadvantaged communities;
c) the promotion of sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration.
To advance the education of the public in subjects relating to sustainable development and the protection, enhancement and rehabilitation of the environment and to promote
study and research in such subjects provided that the useful results of such study are disseminated to the public at large.
Sustainable development means “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
The sustainable development objective is taken from the Charity Commission example model objectives.