Bruton Climate Pledges

Make a difference
Make a pledge or two

1. I pledge to... Switch to renewable energy
    • I will ring my electricity supplier over the next 24 hours and see if I can switch to green energy. If not, I will find one!
  2. I pledge to... Save energy at home
    • I will do a 'home energy check' to find out how I can save energy in my home www.energysavingtrust.org.uk. If you don't have internet, ask the energy saving trust on 0800 444 202 or contact the Centre for Sustainable Energy's free home energy advice line on 0800 082 2234 to find out about any grants or to ask any energy-related questions
  3. I pledge to... Turn my heating down
    • I will turn my thermostat down or use a thermometer to reach the lowest comfortable temperature, typically between 18-21'C and think about putting on a jumper instead.
  4. I pledge to... Buy local seasonal produce as much as possible
    • I will start with at least 2 meals a week.
  5. I pledge to... Reduce food waste, compost and recycle as much as I can. 
  6. I pledge to Borrow and lend products
    • The average drill is only used 13 minutes in its lifetime, so sharing tools, toys, leisure, catering and other equipment is a great solution. See the Bruton Borrow and Lend Facebook group or www.streetbank.com
  7. I pledge to go Peat-free in the garden
    • I will buy peat-free compost or make my own.
  8. I pledge to... Green my wardrobe
    • I will buy fewer but better clothes and buy reclaimed or recycled clothes.
  9. I pledge to... Walk, cycle, use public transport or share lifts 
  10. I pledge to... Reduce my holiday air miles by 50%
  11. I pledge to... Drive in a more eco-friendly way
    • I will research 'driving in a greener way' or by ringing up a driving instructor and booking a lesson to learn eco-drive ideas.
  12. I pledge to... Work out my own carbon footprint
  13. I pledge to... Find out more about the science and impacts of climate change
  14. I pledge to contact my MP and my friends to make these pledges too.
  15. I pledge to sign up to www.oneplanetbruton.org

Add your own pledges and let us know about the other things you want to do.

You need to be a member of One Planet Bruton to add comments!

Join One Planet Bruton

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I pledge to keep on publishing my book about the coming global financial crisis (due in Q1 2020) and its aftermath by informing as many people as possible about how they need to change their ways and lifestyle by doing less with more.  A free copy of my latest manuscript is available on request to: peter@underco.co.uk

Here is a report on the situation in South Africa:

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-12-03-on-the-edge-of-c...

This reply was deleted.