These monthly sessions are an opportunity for local people to get together and do practical things to make life in Bruton more sustainable.
Each month the format and content of the session will change a little, but every time the emphasis will be on sharing skills & resources, and building on the wonderful community we already have: together we can become more resourceful and resilient in the face of the climate emergency.
More information about what'll be happening in our March Sustainability Sunday!
* We'll have trained advisors who can give you tips on cutting your energy bills and helping the climate.
* We can also help you get started with knitting: how to cast on, knit something simple like a pure cotton dishcloth to take home, or a square to go towards a blanket, or maybe help trouble shoot with your own knitting project.
* Perhaps you've got a much loved garment that's seen better days and is in need of a bit of TLC? Bring it it, and get suggestions for how you can give it a new lease of life: start mending in company.
* We'll also have suggestions on how you can reduce junk mail, and save a few trees!
* This month we'll have a book swap table, so bring a book or two that a neighbour might like, and take something home in return! Any books left at the end will be donated to Bruton library, either to join their stock or to go into book sale to raise funds. But much as this is a great cause: please don't bring more than 4 books as we don't have much space!
* Gardeners, or would be gardeners, should come and peruse our seed bank: we'll have plenty on offer for a small donation.
* As usual we'll be hosting a collection point for recycling or (washed and clean) plastic pots, tubs, trays and bottle tops, so do bring yours in.
* And we'll have tea, cakes, and soup at lunchtime, and if you want to just pop in for a cuppa: you'll be welcome.
More volunteers always welcome: there's plenty you can do, and ideas for future sessions welcome too!