This principle is about reducing consumption, reusing and recycling to achieve zero waste and zero pollution.
For example: waste in operations / construction / products & packaging, waste hierarchy (reduce, reuse, recycle), maximising value of waste / circular economy, final waste disposal, toxic pollution
One Planet Goals for zero waste:
- Reduce wasteful consumption
- Maximise upcycling, reuse and recycling
- Zero waste to landfill
- Aim for zero pollutants to enter air, water or soil
- Promote the waste hierarchy:
- Reduce consumption
- Prevent waste
- Reuse materials and products
- Recycle and compost
- Recover energy from waste
- Dispose to landfill (Aim to get this to zero)
Are there any issues or goals specific to Bruton?
What is Bruton doing already?
Who can contribute to this?
What more can we do?